- In a letter to the Library or Historical Society from Florence M. Ball,, 1109 Susan St.
Auburn, IN 46706 dated 7/23/1983
Lydia Dodge married Gideon Ball, son of Gideon and Lydia Brockway Ball in Ontario Co,
NY, Feb. 1814. Lydia was born in Wiscasset 6/Jul/1794, Gideon was born 1785 Gransville,
MA. Lydia had a brother Aaron Dodge.
There is record of Samuel Dodge, born 1794 son of Thomas Dodge, Jr and Phebe Silvester.
Nothing on Aaron Dodge.
Also found in the Wiscasset Public Library
- John W. Dodge who served in Rev. War was an early settler in Edgecomb.
10 children. He was born ______ d. _________ m. ______ son David Dodge was b.
Edgecomb ______, m. Elizabeth Somes was 101 y. [ I think this means she lived to 101
Daniel Dodge was b. Newcastle March 16, 1822 d. ____ m. Nov 1845 Maria p. Sherman b.
Jan 1825 dau. of Aaron Sherman
2 daughters Florilla who married Thomas Webber lives Randolph Eva T. m. William
Sherman of Boothbay
- Jane Lowell a daughter of Jacob and Jane McFadden Lowell married in Whitefield
Daniel Dodge, no issue, Dec. 18, 1799 Jane d. Feb. 18, 1873
- George Dodge b. Apr 19, 1804 married Mary Jane Stevens, daughter of Moses Stevens of
Pondtown Plantation, Lincoln County now Readfield, Kennebec County
George Dodge d. Nov 14, 1889 aged 85 y 7 m
Mrs. Mary J Dodge d. Aug 8, 1908 age 88 y 3
George Dodge well known shipbuilder and mason this town, also taught school
George Thomas 19/Jan/1841-9/fEB/1869
Eugene Aram 21/Jan/1843-22/Apr/1863
Cassious Clay 23/Jan/1845-8/Aug/1864
Emma F. 29/Sep/1846 m. Charles Weeks on 15/Jun/1882
Kate Clifton 15/Jul/1850 - 24/Jun/1878
Nellie Augusta 27/Apr/1853 m. Albert Somes, 18/Apr/1878
Caroline B. 27/Jun/1856 m. Charles Knight 10/Jun/1880
Herman 1859-1920 unmarried
Mary Belle 1861-20/Sep/1890
5. Moses Dodge War of 1812 d. age 47 m. Polly Leeman d. 90 y